Saturday, May 17, 2014

The Next Adventure Begins...

I am new at this BlogSpot so I hope I get better and my posts improve.

As a quick background for my family and friends;

I sold my company in August 2013. We then remodeled the house and sold most of our personal belongings from August to May.

The house was under contract within a week. Yea!

Let me tell you; it is extremely difficult to go from 5300 square feet to zero!

As some of my Family knows I have had a website that blogged our adventures (mainly boating) until about a year ago. The email that it was created with was sold with my company so I no longer can update it.

I will try to move it to here or a new website later this year.

Here is a link:

Our old website

Some of you may be familiar with Spot Tracking. We use this mainly when we take boat trips, but we will try to use it for this trip. Here is a link.

Spot Tracking

Here we go:

Our plan is to take the long way to Alaska

North Rim of the Grand Canyon
Sequoia National Park
Visit our son and Daughter in Law at Travis AFB
Redwoods
Seattle
Prince George
Dawson Creek
Ft. Nelson
Watson Lake
Whitehorse
Burwash Landing
Delta Junction
Fairbanks
Denali
Anchorage
Homer
Seward
Glennallen
Tok
Haines Junction
Teslin
Muncho Lake
Sikanni Chief
Glacier
And then who knows??




We moved into the Motorhome on Monday, May 11, 2014. It took pretty much most of 4 days to get things organized and put away. It also took all 4 days to catch up on laundry as the washer and dryer was sold almost a month earlier. Those Splendide Washer/Dryer combos are nice but 4 and a half hours a load??

Friday, May 15th: We left at 5:10 AM to head "the long way" to Alaska (to the North Rim of the Grand Canyon). We are currently at Kaibab Camper Village. As it has no physical address I had a little difficultly finding it.

Here a just a few pictures as we "flew" the 12 hours to the North Rim:





No comments:

Post a Comment