Friday, June 5, 2015

June 5th Update

June 2, 2015

Well we got to Bimini without issue. We got docked and got our golf cart, and immediately went down to Stuarts to get our fix of Conch Salad. Man I missed that.






June 3, 2015

Today we just hung out at the pool and went shopping at the little straw market down in Alice Town. Heather bought a couple of shirts and a hair head band.








When we got back to the boat, and all took showers, I needed to replenish our fresh water. I started the watermaker, and it was running for about five minutes or less when the power went out. This is pretty common on Bimini. However, when I started it back up, I was getting high pressure errors, and water was coming out of every fitting (connection) around the control panel.

I tried to tighten the fittings, but the leaking would just move down line to the next fitting. I finally just had to give up. The first issue is that there would  be no way we could stay two weeks in the Land and Sea Park without water.











June 4 , 2015

Trying not to think about the watermaker, we decided to go dinking and snorkeling. We took the dink out to the Bimini Road (Road to Atlantis). It was a fun snorkel, but I was not too impressed. We then ran the dink over to the Sapona. I was shocked when we got there. The entire top section caved in.  There used to be a rope you could climb and jump off the front. Its all gone. I am not sure if it was a storm or just rusting away.

The snorkeling was really cool. We went around the front of the boat, and got chased back by a shark. Yes a Shark! We then went into the various cavities of the vessel. There were lots of cool fish.

After snorkeling, I decided to send an iMessage to our watermaker installer. He was really zero help. I tried to get it running again, but finally gave up.












June 5, 2015

I stressed a little during the night about the watermaker, but sometimes that helps. I kept thinking that something was obstructing the produced water. When I got up, I decided to see if the post filters were clogged. They were not. But what I realized, is that there was no water in them either. This really made sense to me as the watermaker will not divert water to the tank until it reaches 315 PPM. We were over 500 because of the back pressure. I decided to go ahead and let the produced water in at 500 to see if I could get water to pass into the post filters. Immediately, the watermaker stopped leaking and the pressures dropped to normal. The salinity dropped to 180 PPM which is normal.

What I suspect happened was when the power shut off, the diversion valve was in the process of moving the product to the fresh tank and blocked the discharged water. It is now perfect. Yea!!

After filling the fresh tank, we decided to go to the beach on the north side of the island. I really like the seclusion up there.











What a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment