Thursday, June 9, 2016

Denali June 8th & 9th 2016

We got down here to Denali pretty quick and arrived at what we thought was our campground. When we went to check in, we let them know we had two pull through-full hook up sites reserved which I specifically requested. They informed us they did not have any pull through sites. All of their sites were back in and only water and electric.

We decided to walk the sites and check out their dump station. The sites were around 35 feet deep and the dump would require about a 150 foot backup to actually access it.

I went back to the office and told them I would completely block their road with my 44 feet length. Also staying four nights would be problematic.

We got on the phone and found two sites north of town. Back in, but full hookups that could fit our length.

The first campground was kind enough to give us a full refund. We got lucky this time. But... my luck would even get better!!!

After setting up camp, we took a tour of the Denali Visitors Center and watched a movie prior to taking a late after noon tour of the dogsled presentation. The presentation was really fun and about the same as 2014.

Later that evening, my luck changed. My sister-in-law Angel decided to give Chris and I her Denali Air Tour she won!! Yea for us. We went over on Thursday morning to check it out. A group was just coming back who indicated the views were clear and spectacular. We decided to go on the next flight.

My luck even got better!! I got the co-pilot seat. Wow what an awesome flight. The views were absolutely awesome.  

We plan on two more days here. Hiking tomorrow and then a bus to the Eielson Visitors Center.












Here is a link to the take off.



















Our Flight on the map:



Hike around Savage River;












No comments:

Post a Comment